How Much Does it Cost to Rent a 20ft Shipping Container?
If you need significantly more storage, hiring a 20 foot shipping container is an affordable solution. You can either have it delivered to your home or take advantage of a long term storage facility. Either way you’ll need to know about shipping container rental costs. Let’s take a look at the below:
- What is the rental cost for a shipping container?
- What are the different costs I need to be aware of?
- How do I prepare for my shipping container arrival?
- For how long can I rent a container?
Shipping Container Rental Costs
Costs for shipping container hire will obviously vary according to container size and features as well as whether you require delivery. You’ll probably want to get an idea of prices from a few websites, but be aware of companies spruiking shipping container rental costs at absurdly low prices; you want to make sure the shipping container you receive is clean and safe to use.
At Caboolture Container Hire & Sales, all our shipping containers are bought new or fully refurbished and hired out at very affordable rates. They come in a range of styles and sizes, including 20 footers. We charge by the day, with our smallest container starting at the very affordable rate of $3.00 per day. For a full breakdown of our rates, submit an enquiry or contact us directly on 0417 003 290.
What are the Different Costs I need to be Aware of?
When you ask about shipping container rental costs, you should be told the price for not only the actual hire but all of the following:
- The delivery of the container to your specified location, if required.
- If you don’t have space for your container, the rate (either daily or monthly again) for using a long term storage facility
- Container collection at the end of your hire period
- The security deposit amount and, how much rent you need to pay in advance.
How do I Prepare for My Shipping Container Arrival?
Once you’ve found a business and you’re happy with their shipping container rental cost, it’s worthwhile to make sure you are prepared for your container’s arrival. There are a some of the things that are advisable to do including:
- Selecting a suitable, flat site for the container – this should be a space that a small truck can access, and obviously one that you can also easily access to move gear in and out.
- Depending on how long you need a container for, you may need to consider laying a concrete slab – to ensure stability and/or installing blocks – to protect your container’s contents in the event of flooding.
- Think about what else you require to pack your container. At Caboolture Container Hire, we offer furniture blanket rental as part of our ‘self pack and save service’.
- Make security arrangements. We always advise customers to purchase a high tensile padlock for peace of mind. If you need more extensive security measures, we can advise you on other options available to you.
For How Long Can I Rent a Container?
You can hire a shipping container for literally as long as you need. So long as you keep up with your hire payments, at Caboolture Container Hire we are happy to keep loaning you the container for five, ten, twenty years!
Shipping container hire offers a very affordable and safe way to store your property for however long you need. We hope this article has helped you factor in the different fees and the planning requirements associated with their hire.
For Affordable Shipping Container Rental Costs